The recently inaugurated High-Speed test track at NATRAX’s facility in Pithampur, Indore and is world-class facility, open for testing for both global and local automakers.
The Indian automotive sector has become one of the most competitive ones amongst developing economies of late and one of the key factors helping the development is all new safety, emission and testing regulations government has introduced recently. Now all these steps ensure that both global and local automakers do not compromise on the quality of products, coming to our market. The recently inaugurated High-Speed test track at NATRAX’s facility in Pithampur, Indore adds another feather to the cap and is world-class facility, open for testing for both global and local automakers. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
- The NATRAX facility measures 11.3 km in length and is part of a world-class proving ground that comprises other test tracks for automotive and component testing.
- The new high-speed test track is oval-shaped and 16 metres wide with four independent lanes. The track is the longest in Asia and fifth-longest in the world.
- The new facility will ensure that vehicles can be tested and evaluated in India and do not need to be sent overseas for the same.
- The track is open to having vehicles from overseas being evaluated here as part of the testing process.
- The new track has been designed for neutral speeds of up to 250 kmph and a maximum speed of up to 375 kmph on curbs with no limit to maximum speed on the straight patch.
- The zero per cent longitudinal slope makes this track an open-air test laboratory for precise measurement of the performance of vehicles.
- The banking on curbs is of a parabolic shape designed for maximum speed, and create the opportunity to test drive and evaluate performance, driveability and durability of test vehicles.
- Some of the tests that can happen on the track include maximum speed, acceleration, coast down, fuel consumption, high-speed handling and stability.
- The NATRAX high-speed test track is open to all kinds of vehicles, while the facility will be given for commercial events like product launches, supercar racing, and dealer events.
- NATRAX further stated that manufacturers including Volkswagen, FCA (Stellantis), Renault, Peugeot and Lamborghini have shown their interest to use this facility.