Compared to its predecessor, the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class is a huge step up, as it’s now smarter, more feature-packed and a lot safer as well. Here are 5 major highlights of the 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
The new-gen Mercedes-Benz S-Class recently went on sale in India with prices starting at ₹ 2.17 crore (ex-showroom, India). The Stuttgart-based carmaker’s quintessential flagship sedan comes to India as a completely built unit, and there are two variants on offer – a diesel-powered S 400d 4Matic and a petrol version S 400 4Matic – which are priced at ₹ 2.17 crore and ₹ 2.19 crore (ex-showroom, India) respectively. Compared to its predecessor, the new S-Class is a huge step up, as it’s now smarter, more feature-packed and a lot safer as well.
Here Are the Top 5 Major Highlights of the 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class:
1. For the first time in India, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class also comes with AMG exteriors and 20-inch AMG alloys. The car also continues to get the signature 3-pointed star hood ornament, along with the large chrome grille and aggressive front bumper with black elements.
2. Mercedes-Benz is also offering a set of new LED headlamp technology that it calls Digital Lights. It integrates the functions of MULTIBEAM LED like – city light, motorway light and motorway high beam, cornering light, junction light, roundabout light and bad weather light. It also gets an Ultra Range high beam, which activates automatically, depending on road condition.
3. The Mercedes-Benz S-Class will get up to five OLED displays, four of which will be touchscreen. This includes the massive 12.8-inch infotainment system, equipped with the latest-gen MBUX system.
4. The new S-Class gets seats that come with a massage function and 10 different massage programs to choose from. Other creature comforts include – a panoramic sliding sunroof, along with Burmester high-end 4D sound system, 30 loudspeakers and 8 resonators, and ambient lighting with over 263 optic LED lights throughout the cabin.
5. The 2021 S-Class is also much safer now with features like segment-first frontal airbag for rear passengers, which bring the total count to 10 airbags, Mercedes’ Pre-Safe package, Pedestrian protection with active bonnet, 360-degree camera and more.